Hello and welcome to the Sound Effects Wiki! This is the place to look up and discover all the sound effects and sound effect libraries used in movies, TV shows, commercials, and video games.
If you're having trouble on finding a certain sound effect in a scene you are posting in the Image Galleries, either write in the description "What ___ sound is this?" or make a blog of it, and admins will help you.
Rules if you intend on contributing information
- First off, in response to events that occurred on this Wiki in the past, you are now required to log in before adding anything. Registering for a Wikia account is not hard!
- Do not put in fake or irrelevant information on this site please. In particular, you are not to add information to any upcoming films or video games until they are actually released - this website is not a crystal ball, we cannot predict whether or not upcoming media will use certain sound effects. And don't add any Aired On categories to films that were not released yet.
- Please do not add categories to pages that already exist. The obvious exception to this is if you need to add a piece of media whose category is not listed on the page. Also, franchise categories are not allowed on sound effects pages, as well as sound effect categories in media pages.
- Fan fictional media is allowed, but don't add them to the sound effects pages. Make sure to put them in the fake-media categories.
- Anything that's not an actual sound effect (lines, quotes, voice actors or actresses, etc.) cannot be added. Only sound effects are allowed on this Wiki. (Stock screams, cries and laughs do count as sound effects.)
- Remember to add information, links, categories and images (in the Image Galleries) to BOTH the sound effects and media pages. Don't forget to add descriptions to the images. (This will prevent admins from having to do them themselves.) Only upload images to the sound effects pages if they don't have media pages and make sure you add them into the Image Gallery correctly.) See instructions on how to add an image to the Image Galleries correctly here.
- Please do not add comments to pages that just say where you heard the corresponding sound effects in. Instead, feel free to add the information to the pages themselves; you could probably do that in half the time it takes to type up a comment. These comments will be deleted on sight.
- When adding an ogg audio file to the sound effects page, add it to the correct page.
- You can either upload still images (jpg or png) or moving GIF images. And you can update the still images with GIF images if you want. Use GIPHY to make GIFs from YouTube or Vimeo videos.
- You can either add an ogg sound effect file here on the Audio Samples in the sound effect pages, or link to the sound effect found on either www.audiomicro.com or www.sourceaudio.com.
Some basic common-sense rules:
- No harassing
- No spamming
- No swearing
- No trolling
- No vandalism
Failure to comply to the above will result in a block (as listed below) and from then on the vandalized articles will be protected.
- Not adding categories - Ranging from 1 week to 1 month.
- Breaking Image Gallery rules - Ranging from 1 week, 1 month to 1 year.
- Adding false information on pages - Ranging from 3 weeks to indefinitely
- Adding information to comments - Ranging from 2 months to 1 year.
- Not having a visible avatar - Ranging from 3 months to 1 year.
- Disobeying all of the rules - Blocked indefinitely